Wanakafest – Best of the Fest
Date: 22nd October 2013
Labour Weekend, 24th-27th October, Lake Wanaka
There is an amazing array of events happening this weekend at Wanakafest and here’s our pick of the festivities:
- The number one favourite for the kids has to be the Wanaka Business Collective Street Parade kicking off the Festival, 5.30-6.30pm on Friday the 25th. Or step up the action level by taking part in the new Ruby Ridge Race Trolley Derby, 10.30am Saturday in West Meadows (past Lone Star).
- Food & Wine lovers, be sure to make it to the Lake Wanaka Wine & Food Festival, 11am-5pm at Pembroke park on Saturday and Sunday. Featuring a great range of Central Otago wines and food from local restaurants including The Spice Room, Francesca’s pizzas and Federal Diner. Celebrity chefs will be on show with a selection of Master Classes and the Chef’s Long Lunch.
- Jodi Direen and Don McGlashan are just two of the artists featuring on the main stage, Pembroke Park on Saturday between 11am and 5pm for FREE concerts!
- Sports fans will enjoy watching the crowd-favourite Urban Down Hill Mountain Bike Race, Lismore Park to Downtown on Saturday afternoon from 3pm. And if you are feeling adventurous you can try the Freedrop on to The Airbag behind the Bullock bar beforehand, from 2pm.
- If you’re a brave soul you may like to take the Wanaka Pharmacy Polar Plunge at 11am on Sunday and then stay lakeside for the Kahu Youth Cardboard Boat Race at 12pm!
Get the full schedule at the Wanakafest website.
Posted in: Latest News